Thursday, February 02, 2006

SIGN OF FOUR

I don't normally succumb to such memes, but Anne Penkill has seduced me.

SIGN OF FOUR

Four Jobs I’ve had:
1. Ice delivery man
2. Projectionist at an x-rated movie theater
3. Reading newspapers and tagging articles at the Denver Press Association clipping service
4. Journeyman (artisan) baker

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Wim Wender’s Wings of Desire
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. Jean Cocteau’s Orpheus
4. Evil Dead II (or Army of Darkness, either one)

Four places I have lived:
1. Oklahoma City
2. Denver
3. Colorado Springs
4. Tulsa

Four TV shows I love to watch (not counting the news):
1. House
2. Twin Peaks (on DVD)
3. Millenium (on DVD)
4. Firefly (on DVD)

Four places I have been on vacation:
Baltimore
Washington, D.C.
New York City
Telluride, SW Colorado

Four favorite dishes:
1. My mother’s fried chicken and gravy (the gravy could be considered as a separate dish, but as my mother’s been dead for 28 years I feel I can sneak it in)
2. Vietnamese soup
3. Fresh shucked oysters on the half shell as served at Faidy’s in the Lexington Square Market in Baltimore
4. Whatever’s in the fridge at 2AM

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Salon recently updated blogs page
2. Salon rankings page
3. Referer rankings page for the Tent Show
4. (in aggregate) all my blogging boyfriends and girlfriends (as my wife Elspeth calls them) via my blogroll

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. The Burgess Shale fossil site in the Canadian Rockies
2. The Library of Congress rare book room
3. Central Park
4. On a four man raft on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I previously lured you into using an emoticon, I feel a right temptress ;-)

What are you doing over here - Radio giving you trouble again?

Dr. Omed said...

No. I'm at work. I can post to Blogger from work, but I usually don't have time. I can post to Salon only from the home 'puter.

Anonymous said...

The American southwest is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I hope to return to New Mexico for a longer visit one day, as well as Colorado, Arizona etc.