Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Flarf Poem composed on a Google of “War is not a Time of Joy”

Call President Bush
for quick deployment
of international force.

Uphold the fragile
cease—“The need is urgent,” Bush said,
“War is not a time of joy,

These aren’t joyous times.
These are challenging times,
and they’re difficult times,

and they’re straining the psyche
of our country,”
The President said.

“Sometimes I’m frustrated,
rarely surprised.
Sometimes I’m happy.”

The President said.
I believe the next verse is
“I thought of, this is, you know…

War is not a time of joy.”
Quite the bout of finger-pointing
is underway. Really.

There is absolutely nothing wrong
with being frustrated.
Bush is human. Really.

These are challenging times,
leaving now would be a disaster.
Pullout is impossible. Got that?

“Nobody wants to turn on their TV
on a daily basis and see havoc wrought by terrorists."
The President said.

Well, he did say he just finished
the plot against America.
War hurts. I want my Jesus back.

“War is not a time of joy,” he said,
Thrilling linguists everywhere
by speaking an entire English sentence:

The President said,
“Nobody likes
to see innocent people die.”

No comments: